Complex PTSD, quiet BPD, and Trauma-Informed Care with Iris McAlpin
- The differences between CPTSD and BPD
- How a trauma-informed approach changes everything from diagnosis to how we treat people with similar symptoms and traumatic experiences based on a label.
We also cover..
- the realities of stigma and labels, pathologization of trauma
- Aspects of NARM (the NeuroAffective Relational ModelTM)
- How to reframe pathologizing diagnosis of BPD from stigma to trauma and understanding
- Why self-compassion might feel really hard for trauma survivors
- How to set boundaries around your own lived experience on Instagram
- Expertise in the field vs openness to always learning and curiosity
About Iris McAlpin: Iris McAlpin is a certified trauma coach and NARM® Practitioner specializing in self-sabotage, eating disorder recovery and complex trauma. After struggling with bulimia, C-PTSD and depression for over a decade, Iris became determined to understand what was fueling her self-destructive behaviors and troubling symptoms. This eventually led her to an in-depth study of trauma, which resulted in a radical personal transformation. She now helps people all over the world overcome similar struggles through trauma-informed education, group programs and individual coaching.
Find Iris at:
Find Mimi at:
Main IG: @the.lovelybecoming
Podcast IG: @lovelybecomingpodcast